Location:?5140 N. California Avenue, Chicago
Client/Owner: Swedish Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
Architect: Jensen & Halstead
- Project Executive Tim Klinger
- Project Manager Mike Hill
- Assistant Project Manager Alissa Stephens
- Project Superintendent Hank Kalis
- Phase 1--- conversion of storage labs to EP Labs.
- Phases 2, 3 and 4 are renovations of existing Cath and Interventional Radiology labs during the remainder of 2020.
Location:?350 N. Orleans, Chicago
Client/Owner: DEVBRIDGE Group
Architect: Horn Design
- Project Executive Tim Kosogof
- Assistant Project Manager Gianna Scarsella
- Superintendent Tony Melone
- Modern-day office construction that includes wood and turf ceilings and many acoustic control features.
- LED lighting throughout
- Extensive millwork package with custom gathering booths.
Location:?233 S. Wacker, Chicago (Willis Tower)
Client/Owner: NBC Universal
Architect: Mohr Architecture
- Vice President Paul Larkin
- Assistant Project Manager Robbie O’ Neil
- Project Team Supervisor Christina Bondi
- Superintendent John Krajec
- The new 9 pole digital transmitter was installed on the 101st floor of Willis Tower and is the largest and most powerful terrestrial television broadcast transmitter in North America.
- All MEP systems are redundant.
- The installation was completed while the existing transmitter was still actively broadcasting from within the same 1,300 SF mechanical room.
- The transmitter produces 55KW of heat per hour when operational; the mechanical room contains an extensive heat transfer system.
Location:?120 N. LaSalle Street, Chicago
Client/Owner: Lincoln Property Management
Architect: Wright Heerema Architects
- Project Executive Joe Nieckula
- Assistant Project Manager? Kyle Wienold
- Project Coordinator Angela Molliconi
- Superintendent Dennis Wills
- Sr. Estimator Adam Hill
- Outstanding 5,300 SF tenant amenities area including a lounge, fitness center and outdoor terrace
- 1,000 SF outdoor roof deck with direct access to fitness center
- Living accent wall
- Gathering area with lounge featuring custom millwork
- High end millwork lockers
- Glass enclosed showers
Thank You Field Workers! Stay healthy.
AMITA Health’s front line healthcare professionals at 5 hospitals were running out of isolation gowns to protect themselves during COVID-19 testing and had to fall back on good old American ingenuity, using rain gear as an alternate solution. BEAR Construction bolstered their supply by donating 400 rain suits and 400 ponchos for these heroes. BEAR also facilitated sending AMITA Health 4 custom made test carts for remote use and 2 charging stations, which were built, delivered and donated by Bernhard Woodwork, Metro Hardwoods, Baer Supply, Collins supply and Richelieu Co.
We’re in this together!
Executive Vice President Scott Kurinsky and Executive for Client Relations William Ziemek Jr. of Chicago's BEAR Construction Company were featured in an article on REJournals.
"Plenty of bears adorn the home office of Scott Kurinsky, Executive Vice President of Chicago's BEAR Construction Company."
"William Ziemek Jr., Executive for Client Relations with Rolling Meadows, Illinois-Based BEAR Construction Company, gets a bit of help at his home office from his 4-year-old grandson and the big green guy himself, Godzilla."
"We can all use a bit of levity today. In that spirit, REJournals will be running photos of the home-office setups of CRE pros."
Random BEAR employees are teaching, playing, baking, and cooking during quarantine!
BEAR furry family members who are enjoying their extra time with their masters during quarantine.
If you absolutely had to jump into lake Michigan during the winter, Sunday, March 1 was a good day to take the plunge.? A Spring-like day attracted thousands of participants? to Chicago’s North Avenue Beach to take the Polar Plunge, benefiting Special Olympics of Chicago. This year marked the 20th anniversary of the Plunge.
BEAR Construction employees participated in the fun event for the 4th consecutive year, collecting over $2,100 from their sponsors. Total proceeds were $2,185,000!!!
Rob Callaghan, BEAR Director of Business Development, has a new title.? Grandpa! Rob’s daughter, Meghan,?brought a beautiful baby boy into our world on April 9.?Parker Alan Gillespie weighed 7lbs. 9oz. at 21” long.?Mom, Dad and Parker are all doing well.?Welcome to our world, Parker.
Answers are anonymous and just for snicks and giggles. Results will be posted in the next edition of BEAR Tracks.
What one super power would you choose to have?
In our Fall BEAR Tracks we asked our readers, "Which will be the next professional Chicago sports team to win a championship?"